Monday, October 6, 2008

The Unknown

So many times in our lives we fall short. In the past year, so much in my life has changed. I believe that everyone chooses their path and sometimes, the path you want and long for, is the path we stray away from. I found myself on a whole new journey. I'm not sure exactly how I began this journey, or how it will end.

Everything in my life came crashing all to fast. One day I was on the path I had set for myself, and in a single instant, my life was altered. I do regret many things that have happened, but there is nothing I can do about it. So here I am back at square one trying to figure out what the hell to do with my life before it's to late.

I don't know what lies ahead of me, and if I am not sure about anything anymore. Afraid that in a blink of an eye I will find myself lost and alone with nowhere to go. My dreams have been shattered, because of decisions in the past. New dreams are to be made. New standard need to be placed. Maybe lower one, so I won't hate myself when I fall short again.

These are the ranting of a adult, wishing to be a kid. A teen who rushed away from the safety of her parents, head first into a world of that knocked her on her face. She drank the alcohol, did the drugs, had sex, partied like an animal, because it made here feel free. Only a child, new to the world, experiencing it all. But these things, they did not make her free, instead they trapped her. Temporary love and happiness, but she know no other way. She cant return to her old ways. Not after everything. So she finds herself deeper and deeper in this hole.

What is lies in the road ahead? The Unknown. I can only hope it gets better.

Photobucket




No comments: