Monday, July 27, 2009

Writing

Writing has always been my escape. A little piece of me that I can't seem to express to people for some unbenounce reason to me. I guess mostly because I don't want people to think I'm depressed or weak. I find I have to put a front that I'm happy and whatnot so people won't pry.

I'm one of those people who never know what to say in situations where my friends are hurting. I listen intently, and want nothing more than to make everything right for them. I wish I could think of the right things to say, something to make them smile, but most of the time I find myself speechless.

I think about the times in my life when I was going through something rough. As a kid, I used to write how I felt in a journal kept kidden from everyone in my house. As a teenager, I would get stoned and write lyrics to songs I would never sing. Years later I would find myself drinking, smoking, cutting, mixing whatever drugs I could get my hands on, and almost overdosing a few times. No matter what I was going through, writing was always my stress card in a way/ The one way I could let it all out without anyone judging me, pitying me, diagonising me, or pretending to care. It's genuine and that may be the very reason I find myself writing again.

No comments: